About Me

My photo
Jim's email: jamesbeverley@sympatico.ca Gloria's email: gloriabeverley@sympatico.ca

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Word Faith

Larry asked me about the Word Faith movement. The Word Faith theology comes out of the ministry of Kenneth Hagin and Kenneth Copeland, two very influential Pentecostal leaders. It is often referred to as the Health and Wealth gospel or the Name It and Claim It movement.

I realized when I wrote my email reply that I do not have an entry on that topic in my Religions A to Z book. I will have one in my bigger volume that comes out next year...Nelson's Illustrated Guide to Religions. Anyway, Apologetics Index has a listing of resources here.

Note the endorsement given to Robert Bowman on this topic. I agree with Apologetics Index in recommending Rob's work, in particular his book The Word-Faith Controversy: Understanding the Health and Wealth Gospel. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2001 . You can see a profile on Rob at the Reclaiming the Mind website here.

No comments: